Solent Airport Web Site
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place an updated version on this page. This will help ensure that you are always aware of what information we collect and how we use it. Unless stated, your personal data is being collected and processed by, or on behalf of, Fareham Borough Council.
If you have any concerns about how the Council is handling your personal data, these can be raised with the Council's Data Protection Officer:
Ms. Leigh Usher
Data Protection Officer
Fareham Borough Council
Tel: 01329 824553
What information do we collect about you?
Whilst visiting our site, you may be asked to enter personal data on one of our online forms. 'Personal data' means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. The information requested will be the minimum necessary in order to provide our services effectively, and may include your name, contact details, and other personal data. In some cases, we may request sensitive personal data, such as ethnic origin or religious belief, but only when necessary to provide the service requested.
More detailed information about the data processing can be viewed by visiting the cookies webpage.
Important information about the processing of your personal data
- The purpose of the processing will be the service or function for which the information is being collected, and your personal data will not be used for another purpose, unless provided for by law
- The Council may share your personal information for the purposes of the prevention, investigation, detection, or prosecution of criminal offences
- We will not process your personal data unless it is necessary to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation, perform a public task, or to exercise official authority
- In performing the service or function, it may be necessary for us to share some of your personal data with external organisations or internal departments. A list of the types of organisations can be found on our Data Protection Register Entry. The Council's Registration Number is Z556962X, Data Controller and Registration Number Z6721407, Data Controller, Electoral Registration Officer of Fareham Borough Council.
- Your personal data will only be held for as long as necessary for the performance of the service or function. This period will vary depending on the service or function being performed, and further details can be found in our Retention Schedule
- You have the right to request access to your personal data being processed by us, and we have online guidance on making a Subject Access Request
- You have the right to request the rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing of your personal data. Such requests should be made in writing to the Council's Data Protection Officer
- If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. Please note, withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that took place prior to this
- Whilst concerns about the processing of your personal data should be raised with our Data Protection Officer in the first instance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office
- If we are requesting your personal data, it is because it is necessary and relevant to the service or function being performed. As such, if you withhold information, it is likely that we will not be able to perform the service or function, or there will be a delay in doing so
- Measures are in place to ensure the security of data held and transferred. The information you provide will be held securely whether the information is in electronic or physical format. Information will not be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area without ensuring appropriate approval and safeguards are in place, in line with the requirements under the Data Protection Legislation.
- Communications with the Council (including online transactions) may be subject to monitoring and recording only for purposes permitted by the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000
Summary of terms
Browser: A programme used to locate and display webpages on a computer, web TV or other internet access device. The most popular ones are Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator.
Cookie: A message passed to the web browser by the visited website and stored as a file. A cookie's main objective is to identify users, and personalise their visit by customising webpages for them by welcoming them when next they visit the web site. A site using cookies will sometimes but not always invite you to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address and interests.
IP (Internet Protocol): All networks and computers connected to the Internet must speak IP, which is the technical standard for communicating over the Internet.
IP Address: Every computer or device connected to the Internet has one. It may look something like this - 22.214.171.124
Web Server: A computer which contains or manages web sites. It "serves up" web pages to your home computer.
Last updated 21 May 2018